Tuesday, December 27, 2011

From Talip's desk: Countdown timer for exams, quizzes, and activities

There is an online stop-watch or countdown timer which is pretty easy to use at this address :http://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/  This one is the full-screen version. 

  1. You just click/type in the duration, click on set and start...
  2. Then you have a great timer to use during quizzes and even the longer midterm exams.
  3. I use the countdown timer in my class and my students got used to it very easily because it is huge and the colors are distinct so they can see it clearly.  The most important thing is that I no longer disturb/bother students sitting next to the white board.


1 comment:

  1. Nice tool! Used it with a quiz today. Students seemed to like it, although the running time in thousands of a second seemed to mesmerize a few...but they are engineers, so I can understand that they would marvel at the accuracy of the measurement of time.

    I sometimes use longer term counters, e.g., for a project, etc., from http://www.clocklink.com/, when I want to embed this in a web page.

    ReplyDelete