Here are links describing the learning tools available:
- Teachers upload reading goals, vocabulary words and spelling lists.
- Students can then log in and access the uploaded material at any time and from any computer.
- Students may also access the words list on iPod / iPhone / iPad and practice their spelling and vocabulary skills on the go.
How to use at METU SFL?
- In the METU SFL context, one could scan and add supplementary readings from the RAW, OLR and other texts of appropriate difficulty and related to the themes.
- Regarding vocabulary, we could use a vocabulary profiler, like http://lextutor.ca/vp/bnl the most commonly used words could be highlighted in the word lists, and particularly difficult words in terms of spelling could be included as well.
- Other words from the course books or METU syllabus could be included as well.
- The reading log details could form part of the performance grade for extrinsic motivation. Students in each class who have the highest reading log results can be featured every week.