Create a class noticeboard in the cloud
http://wallwisher.com/ and http://linoit.com/. Both are free and students can post to the public noticeboard without signing up. Posts can include text and embedded media.
- Personally, I find LINOIT neater, as WALLWISHER can end up with a lot of overlapping 'sticky notes' if you attempt to do this in a lab with all the students at the same time.
- Again, the use for this is limited only by your imagination.It is worth noting that the 'sticky notes' can be added anonymously, so this could be an advantage if you want to promote candor. It can also be a disadvantage, if your students are not mature enough to take on the responsibility.
- Some examples could include:
- Create a notice board with ideas for class rules
- Get students to share what they most like about being in a class.
- Share sticky notes with pictures or videos about home towns, hobbies, etc.
- Post sticky notes with their favourite song as a YouTube video.
- Again, you could refer back to this in class if you have a data projector, and students could use these as prompts to generate questions to find out more information, etc.